During the production of dark chocolate, cacao beans are fermented, roasted, and processed into 3 components: chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, and cocoa powder. These are combined in various proportions to make unsweetened chocolate. Sugar can be added to make dark chocolate, or milk & sugar added for milk chocolate. White chocolate has no cocoa; it’s essentially cocoa butter, sugar, and milk.
Never miss a beat
- Study: protein & seafood. They work!
- Regular circadian effects vs. effects of circadian misalignment.
- Intermittent vs. Continuous Energy Restriction: Study vs. Headlines
- Anabolic Heterogeneity Following Resistance Training: A Role for Circadian Rhythm?
- Salty blood, sweat, and tears. But do I need to supplement sodium?
- “The Big Breakfast Study” !
- Intermittent Fasting and Goalposts
- Global rise of potential health hazards caused by blue light
- New study: very low carb diets don’t impair high intensity interval training (Cipryan et al., 2018)
- Watch the Clock, Not the Scale
- Dopamine regulates systemic glucose metabolism in humans
- Intermittent fasting is homeopathy-level #nothingsauce
- “early Time-Restricted Feeding” #eTRF FTW
- The neuroprotective properties of ketone bodies.
- Mutual influence of sleep and circadian clocks on physiology and cognition
Twitter live feed